Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cheese off


I remember a long time ago, in a far away place called boston... I came to visit and we had a lovely cheese party. On the block there was perhaps some maytag blue, some goat, and a cheese i had never had, bica. A mild portuguese cheese made from a blend of goat, sheep, and cow's milk. A cheese made from 3 different animal's milk must be better than one? I thought, as did the others, the cheese was delightful, but had yet to see it again. That is, until 2 days ago while perusing the cheese counter while stealing cheese from the tray. There it was, just as i had remembered.

I came back this morning for my tuesday morning tea and scone and told Aaron, cheese man extraordinaire, how happy i was that the cheese i had once enjoyed so much was in the case.

He then said, "you like that?! Bica just tastes like muenster. No one buys it".

"Well sir, I beg to differ", I replied.

We couldn't resolve our differences because i needed to leave the store before the tears came, but tomorrow we will have a bica:muenster taste test to see how good of a cheese man he really is. My taste buds are highly sophisticated. Aaron, get ready.

1 comment:

wb said...

Aaron is obviously an idiot. And if he thinks bica tastes like muenster he should never have been give the title "Cheese Man Extraordinaire" in the first place. Darcy, I blame you for this. Luckily your love of the Bica makes me like you anyway.