Monday, April 30, 2007

CertainDRI certainly keeps me dry

Some might call me healthy (albeit with high sympathetic tone), while others might think the insensible losses that i exude are quite disgusting. Yes, I sweat. I sweat when i get nervous, when i am running, or doing any sort of physical activity. I do not sweat while i am eating, so at least i know that part of my life is safe. I am alright with sweating, but sometimes it is a bit inappropriate and embarrassing. Through experience, I have learned to keep my arms down while wearing any sort of button down shirt and to wear a cardigan while doing presentations. Layering is key for people like me.
I was discussing this problem with a colleague and they suggested a prescription strength antiperspirant (available at your local CVS), they couldn't remember the name, but were confident in my ability to sniff it out. That i did. I bought Certain Dri immediately. It has 15% aluminum cholride in it. I am not sure what it does, but it certainly keeps me dry. You must put it on at night, let it get in there and do its job. And, boy how it does its job. Joanna had asked specifically for me to sing certain dri's praises. Full of praise am I for Certain Dri!
There was a lengthy insert with some warnings on it that i didn't read. It is possible i will develop tumors in my armpits at some point in my life, but at least i am dry.

3 comments:

The Moderatilist said...

Aluminum in deodorant is what causes people to pit out their shirts. So, be careful that you don't replace wet spots with yellow ones.

In other news, Joanna sweats when she's nervous. I think I can smell her from here.

DarcyM said...

Good tip, but i was already yellowing along with the sweating, so it couldn't get worse.

wb said...

A new development in the world of prescription strength deodorant?

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news/ng.asp?n=74781-proctor-gamble-secrets-deodorant