Sunday, June 17, 2007

naked cycling.

There are times when being naked can be fun and exciting. I am sure you can think of a few right now. One of them that does not come to mind is cycling. Sitting on a bike seat is not pleasant, even with clothes. The concept of naked cycling gives road rash a totally new, even more painful, meaning. I speak of this because while in Asheville NC, we witnessed naked cycling.

My mom and I were driving past a small shopping area downtown and all of a sudden, i caught site of a naked back side of a woman on the side street. Not that that wouldn't be a site in and of itself, but then i saw her mounting a bicycle. I couldn't believe my eyes. Yet, as soon as I saw it, it was gone. I thought it was a mirage of naked people, perhaps i had some yet undiscovered fetish for naked cyclists.

My mother, being as connected as she is, discovered this naked cycling is an event that happens every year all over the world. I discovered this website that chronicles the naked biking in all its glory. They are hoping to reach a "Critical Ass" of people concerned by the pollution of the earth by riding bikes naked. They certainly got my attention. I think people that like to ride bikes aren't like most naked people out there. They are a little less flabby perhaps. Just better advertising for their cause.

4 comments:

wb said...

What's next, naked jackhammering?

DarcyM said...

Hmmm, I don't think anyone could possibly look good jackhammering naked. very jarring.

Joanna said...

Were they riding bikes with no seats?

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.