Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bica ≠ muenster


We are back for a second installment with this post. I was at my favorite store, talking to my favorite cheese man, and he presented me with this sign. The sign of BICA. "Made with cow, sheep, and goat milk. Complex, yet not overpowering." He told me they were never going to sell it again, and since I am the only one who likes the bica, I could have the sign. How thoughty. Just because no one bought, you never want to sell it again? I think that is slightly short sighted, but I am no cheese buyer, so I have no control. I think the people of west hartford, connecticut are losing out on one of the great cheeses of portugal, maybe of the world. At least I have the sign to remind me that there are great cheeses out there, even if they are unappreciated.

11 comments:

brian said...

I live in a place (and a time really) where bica is the stuff of dreams... and variations on gouda are as fancy as we get. Be happy that you once had on your tongue the satiny texture and buttery suggestion of bica, that you once tasted the faint salty flavors of cheese from animals who grazed the wondrous coasts of Portugal.

wb said...

Umm, I'm going to go ahead and say that I feel more compassion for DarC in this matter. To have loved the Bica and lost is far worse than to have never loved it at all.

brian said...

Darce, what's with the "If you don't pay me my money I'm gonna kick your ass" look?

Joanna said...

I interpret this look as zombie-sultry rather than gangster, though she does mean business. It would be all zombie if it wasn't for the expert pout.

brian said...

While there is most definitely the "pout," I believe when coupled with the "glare," we have a textbook case of "I'm gonna fuck you up."

The Moderatilist said...

I want to lay you down on an earthy mound of Bica... and one day, I will.

Joanna said...

Brian, that's a stare, not a glare. And it's very undead. Zombies will fuck you up, though, so it's all the same in the end. I'm just being precise.

brian said...

I'm not from Portugal, but I'm guessing the Bica-eaters of yore did not create the aforementioned cheese with the intention of laying down a bed on which to conquer fair Portugeuse maidens...

brian said...

joanna, I humbly defer to you as I imagine I know Darce of the Undead the least out of all posters. Might I be so bold as to suggest however, that the "glare" and the "stare" are two devious little siblings which can both describe the piercing look on Ms. Moschenross' face?

The Moderatilist said...

actually comma they did period

DarcyM said...

i had no idea my bad ass bica pose was going to cause such a frenzy of posting. I am glad.