Sunday, November 4, 2007

Real Girls Aren't Made of Silicone.

Ok. I just went on a date, by myself, to see Lars and the Real Girl. It was quite good, in a quirky, independent movie sort of way. There were only 5 people in the movie theater, and I laughed at all of the awkward parts while the rest of the people were silent. My favorite type of movie going experience. One big message: wherever they live they must be really bored there. And cold. So bored as to take out a life size anatomically correct doll and treat her like she is a real woman. That is not just a mannequin, this is the real deal. She must be really heavy, and they had to dress her, bathe her, etc. That would be too much work for me. It is enough for me to do it for myself and the cat.

Have you ever had an imaginary friend? I don't remember having one, but I would enjoy some audience participation on this one.

9 comments:

wb said...

There is one scene in which you can see Lars' license plate: it says Wisconsin.

Joanna said...

I had an imaginary friend. Her name was Lucky and she wasn't that nice to me. She had short blond hair and sometimes I dreamed about her. She drove my mom's car through the garage door.

DarcyM said...

They don't sound like they are from wisconsin.

tommy said...

Was anyone else disappointed that the only nudity involved Ryan Gosling's wang, and not Bianca? Yeah, me neither...

DarcyM said...

What? there was wang? I don't remember any wang!

wb said...

I think Tommy has confused 'Into the Wild' with 'Lars and the Real Girl'. One has gratuitous wang, the other does not.

DarcyM said...

I don't think i would want to see Ryan Gosling naked in this pic. He really packed on the pounds to be Lars. I think about 40 at least. Or else he just got fat. Whoops.
I only like seeing pretty people naked.

tommy said...

Howard was right, it was Into the Wild. I do still think that Bianco could've been less conservative. Even though she was a nurse, and worked on the school-board.

DarcyM said...

Well she did look kind of like a floozy when she first arrived, fishnets, patent leather boots, mini skirt. I mean as a missionary, i would wear that kind of thing as well, but maybe that's just me.