Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Poking is not fun.

Well, that isn't exactly true all of the time... But, regardless, I want to talk to the men out there who like to flirt by poking the ladies in their mid sections. Don't do it again. No girl wants to be poked in the love handle or the stomach. It reminds them they shouldn't have had that bagel in the morning or that they should have gone to the gym the day before. No one likes to be reminded of their bad choices.
What is the root of this obnoxious behavior? It reminds me of the playground, when we would flirt by hitting. Sometimes I still do this, but I think it is because my tendency towards violence and my short fuse.
Bottom line: If you like me, don't poke me, because nothing makes me dislike you faster. Most, if not all, girls agree. If you don't, then you must have a six pack or not care that you have a little extra in the middle, and to you I say: good for you.

8 comments:

11frogs said...

Hi, Darcy. I'm Molly. I know you only electronically via Whitney and Joanna. I've never commented on your blog before, but you're on my Google feed. I feel compelled to very intensely agree with you. As a woman with a litte extra love around the middle, I bristle at all of the pokers, pinchers, and even ticklers who go for the gut. If you're grabbing my stomach, you'd better be sleeping with me. Otherwise, step away from the belly, asshole.

DarcyM said...

Hey Molly. I think we might be able to start a very strong anti-poke movement here. Perhaps a march on washington is called for to raise public awareness.

mcj said...

These are my confessions: I don't really know you but I feel like I do because I talked to you once on Whitney's speaker phone. I'm one of your creepy blog readers that never leaves a mark. But now I need to because this made me laugh so hard. I'm so against the poking of the muffin tops. I think we should start a club. With t-shirts!

wb said...

I learned that you don't like to be touched a long time ago.

Lance said...

Darcy--Is this something that happens to you often? Or is this rant the result of a particularly unpleasant poking provocation?

DarcyM said...

I have, in recent months, been on the receiving end of a few unpleasant and unwanted pokes. It made me want to smack those people in the face and then maybe kick them in the junk for good measure.

I think the fuzz has made a great suggestion: a club to crusade against the poke and to warn those pokers that the pokees are starting to band together.

tommy said...

i actually am more uncomfortable with facebook poking than physical poking. i just don't get the facebook poking thing.

The Moderatilist said...

I'm such a jerk.