Thursday, February 21, 2008

four eyes.

I noticed last night that no one is wearing corrective lenses on LOST. No one is so unfortunate as to have reading glasses or be nearsighted? I find it hard to believe that out of 42 people on the island, only one of which is under the age of 18, there is not one person wearing glasses. No Piggy? Perhaps I am working with a population sampling bias, but a large proportion of people I know must wear glasses. Maybe it's because we read in the dark too much when we were children.
As I was thinking about this last night I was thinking about how I would survive on the island. I really can't see at all. I would have hopefully remembered to pack my glasses, but sometimes I forget. Then I would have my contacts but a limited supply of cleaning solution. And those are just 2 week disposals. Could I boil sea water and use that a buffered saline solution somehow? doubtful.
I also just want to plug 39dollarglasses.com for those of you who wear the glasses. 39 dollars! its true. I have numerous pairs and they are for reals glasses. check it out.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the tip on 39dollar glasses. Do I have a round face? or an oval one? I like the Prague, but maybe I'm more of a Venice. Too many choices!

tommy said...

I'm currently wearing The Prague.

And I find it funny that of all the things to question on the island (polar bears, killer patches of smoke), you remark on their eyesight.

DarcyM said...

Kim, maybe more of a round face. I think prague would look good on you. I have the milan in black plastic and I think I want the Nausau in wine for my next pair. There are so many choices. Sometimes I print them out life size so I don't have buyer's remorse.

DarcyM said...

Tommy-
I haven't gotten to the killer patches of smoke yet. Thanks for ruining it.

wb said...

The more I hear about this show the less I like it.

tommy said...

believe me, even by mentioning the smoke, I haven't given anything up.

The Moderatilist said...

wait... wasn't sawyer wearing a nerdy pair of glasses while reading when kate, the sexpot, showed up?

DarcyM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DarcyM said...

I realized after watching more that there was a hypochondriac wearing glasses in the episode where they played golf. They also had to fashion a pair for sawyer for his hyperopia crap.So yes, there is one person with glasses and one who had to get glasses. Lost is so realistic.