Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mahjong



Last night I discovered a new game, Mahjong. Not the solitaire version, but the real deal. It is pretty fun, I highly recommend it if you can figure out how to play. I played with Ling Ling and her husband Li, you might know Ling Ling of sweater thursday fame and other such posts. I went over for dinner last night and we started to play mahjong after eating black eggs, wonton soup, rice soup, lamb etc. I now know the characters for 1-4, 8, and 9, the other ones are a little fuzzy. I won a couple of times, apparently with some good points. I think it may have been beginner's luck. I have been invited to play again, but I want to learn how to mumble explicatives in chinese under my breath, so it can be more authentic. They wouldn't teach me how to say your father is a bastard, but I am sure I can figure it out.

2 comments:

Vivren said...

I love Mahjong! It is the awesome. You should play with me and James! And...someone else too...

DarcyM said...

viv. just to warn you. I am a ringer.