Monday, March 17, 2008

Roller derby.

I went to watch the stamford sabotage compete against the rhode island riveters last night. I would write more about it, but you can see all of the action here. Way better than I could do. I did like the names last night, like Eleanor Bruisevelt, Black Cherry, Pearl Jammer, and Bunnicula. There are tryouts coming up on the 25th, but I don't have any tattoos nor the time to devote to becoming a real roller derby champion. They really have to skate hard for a long time, which I would think take a lot of training. What I was inspired by was one woman who cut her fishnets in an oval shape on her leg so she could show off her tat. It was pretty hot.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm glad you came and enjoyed the raucous event! Such good times.

I hope you'll be able to join us for future Derby showdowns.