Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Roller Derby III

We went to the roller derby championships on Friday. It was Elm City Bone Crushers vs. Widowmakers vs. Iron Angels. It was a great time although it was a long night because of the three team round robin playoff setup. here is a link to a better synopsis of the events.

Highlights:
1. getting an awesome whoopie pie from the cupcake stand.
2. getting a new elm city bone crushers tee shirt, pictured on the right.
3. deciding on my new rollergirl name: "flirty sanchez"
4. playing skee ball and subsequently winning fake teeth.

Lowlights:
1. dropping my whoopie pie cupcake after tanner and mike d. hugged me darcy sandwich style.
2. watching mike d. schmooze with all of the roller derby peeps and not getting a comp ticket for me.


here is a picture of the winning team, my new favorites. They have hard core formations, good uniforms and their jammers are really awesome. When I become a rollergirl I am hoping they will accept me into their group.

1 comment:

Mike D. said...

I <3 roller derby.