Thursday, June 18, 2009

Craft 8: purse

Last night I put together a new craft. I got the pattern from made by rae, a fun craft blog. She put this pattern up free for personal use, so I thought I would try it out. I used fabric from the anna marie horner collection, which I just bought a yard pack of, so I got a bunch of different colors. For a bargain, obviously I couldn't pass it up. I put some interfacing in between the lining and the outside of the bag which gave it some good weight.
This is the purse outer. I liked the look of the red with the brown. I think I am going to add a button flap to secure the purse a bit better. The pattern called for a magnetic snap, but I didn't have any, so I just went with it to see how it would look. The purse is definitely not perfect, I still have some things I need to work on. At this point I am more of a messy sewer.

I used blue for the lining, gives it some POP.


Here it is where you can see the strap. I don't know that I would put the strap on the next one, I think it would be a super cute clutch. There are a lot of possibilities for awesomeness with this bag, so if you are a crafter, go check out the blog and get the pattern!

2 comments:

Jobonga said...

I love it! Excellent fabric choices. I was thinking about using those super strong tiny fridge magnets as a magnetic closure on a bag - just sew them inside a little fabric cover or stitch them in place.

DarcyM said...

Oh good idea! I actually have some of those (thanks mom) maybe I will experiment with them tonight.