Thursday, September 24, 2009

vitamins

I know it has been a long time since I posted anything. That is mostly because I don't feel like I have much to say that could possibly be funny or informative, there is so much of that out there on the internet. But, since these are supposed to be rants I guess I will start adding in my two cents more regularly. That being said, I decided to start taking a multivitamin as part of my daily routine. I thought I might be missing a little something and the rest of the pill I will just pee out anyway so no harm done. Vitamin D deficiency is the sexy new internal medicine topic, so why shouldn't I try to raise all of my vitamins? I am young and fairly fit. GO PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE. So I started taking them this week, beginning with some old one a days that I had in the medicine cabinet.  I realized why I don't like taking vitamins: they taste horrible. The pills are huge and no coating makes the fiber/vomit taste diminish. I also want to take the time to give you some hard earned advice: NEVER take them on an empty stomach. I did it the other day and I literally almost threw up at the coffee area in whole foods. horrible! Does anyone take a vitamin that tastes delicious? I know some grad school friends that take the gummy ones, but I think I would feel silly taking those. I need suggestions.

2 comments:

Jobonga said...

When I was house-sitting recently and being nosy, I found chewable adult vitamins. I helped myself to one and they are delicious! I tracked them down in the store and they were $20 a bottle. I did not purchase them.

DarcyM said...

Hmmm. Interesting. Vitamins are way too expensive! I had some super B complex from a friend last night (he was pushing vitamins). It is supposed to pep you up. I couldn't sleep last night, so maybe it did the trick.