Sunday, January 10, 2010

new craft.


I know. It has been forever since I put up much of anything, but I did have reason to procrastinate this weekend, so I made a purse. Vivienne gave me this wonderful book for the holidays and I put it to good use the night I got it. My good friend Natercia was kind enough to model it for me.

I used some echino japanese import fabric, which may not have been the best choice for my first go at the pattern, but I think the purse looks pretty good.


Here is a little close up. It has a magnetic snap to close it up. There isn't any interfacing in the purse, but it is actually pretty sturdy without it.

3 comments:

Vivren said...

CUTE!! That fabric is super awesome. And it's pretty canvas-like so I imagine it's sturdy without interfacing. I like Natercia's modeling. Is the purse for you or her?

DarcyM said...

It is pretty sturdy even without the interfacing. You are right! The purse is for me, I just wanted her to model it because I was in gym attire and it went better with her outfit. And she is super photogenic.

TimFXF said...

Long time no post... Good to see you're OK.
Sewing is a lifetime skill. Wish I'd taken my mothers attempts (30 years ago) to teach me more seriously.